Thursday, September 6, 2012

More paper flowers

Hey everyone! As promised, here are the paper flowers that we learned how to make in Niki's Paper Flower class. Who knew that there were so many types of flowers that you could make?!?! So fun!!!! I can't wait to try some of these flowers on different projects.


Here is the origami flower. There was a lot of folding going on, but the look of it is pretty cool once it's completed.
 

This was one of my favorite flowers to make. Especially since it's a great way to use those thin strips of card stock or DSP that you end up with. What some may consider to be paper scrap material can now be used to make a pretty flower.
 

This flower was made using the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die (125594). Just fold at the score lines then glue the ends together and this is what you get. These are always fun to add to a card.
 

This pretty pink flower was made using the Blossom Petals Builder punch (121808). And to put all the petals together, we got to use a glue gun and the new Silicone Craft Sheet (127853). This silicone craft sheet is so useful when working with hot glue and you're hands are free to assemble the flower.


And here is my rice bowl flower. hehehehe. This one, yeah, I know, I need to practice... and practice... and practice... I just had issues with this one. hehe.
 

This flower was so fun to make. All you need is a scallop punch and a brad. Scrunch it all up and you get this pretty flower. I've already made these paper flowers for my mom. Click here to check them out.
 

This flower was a little difficult to make at first. But with some practice, I think I kinda got the hang of it. And what's nice about making this flower is that you can use any flower punch that has 5 petals.
 

And this one might look familiar to some of you. Niki was nice enough to let me demo this fabric flower :) thanks Niki! Click here and here and here to check out some of the other projects I made using fabric.


When I took my flowers home, I decided to add a magnet to the back of the fabric flower. Fun, right?
 

And here is the magnet flower in action.... hanging out on my Small Die Box storage (122219).


Stay tuned for more projects featuring paper flowers. I can't wait to play and try this out. This is totally making me step outside of my comfort zone and try something new.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...