Sunday, September 2, 2012

happy BIRTHDAY!

Hello! Here is another clean and simple birthday card. My cousin Larry celebrated his 9th annual 21st birthday ;) Oh and on a side note, my husband always asks me why I have to call him 'Cousin Larry' and I always say.... come on, hello! Perfect Strangers?!?!!? lol. Anyone remember that show? No? Just me? hehe.

OK, anyway, here is the card that I made for him. He was actually able to celebrate his birthday stateside since he was at some training thing up in Travis. Cousin Larry is stationed somewhere in Germany and we hardly get to see him. So it was a nice treat to see him for a bit when we visited my parents :)


So, for the card, I went with neutral colors - Early Espresso and Lucky Limeade. I like how green and brown look together. And for the 'happy birthday' sentiment, I used the Bring on the Cake stamp set (Clear 121958, Wood 121899). I even used one of the new Naturals Designer Buttons (127554). It's always so hard for me to use buttons and ribbon and brads because I must admit, I love to hoard embellishments! It's a habit I'm slowly trying to break. Baby steps :)


Thanks for stopping by and have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...