Monday, December 3, 2012

Mickey 1st Birthday

Hello everyone! Today, I'd like to share a birthday card that I made for a little boy who is turning 1. My friend asked me to make a card for her and of course I said yes :) When I asked her what are the birthday boy's favorite things these days, she mentioned Mickey and the first thing I thought of  were some decor that my friend Chan made for a Mickey and Minnie Party. 
Chan's friend asked her to help out with her kids' birthdays and they made some super cute stuff! I cased this birthday card from the invitations that she made. Hop on over to Two Rosie Cheeks to check out the super cute Mickey and Minnie birthday invitations.
I wanted to create a Mickey that would fit the whole front of the card so I busted out all of my circle punches and circle dies to play with until I got the right size. I ended up using the 3" Circle Originals die (122125), the 1-3/4" Circle (119850) punch and the 3/4" Circle punch (119873).
I also used the Stripes folder (123128) to add a little texture to the background. And the 'happy birthday' sentiment is from the Family Reunion stamp set (Clear 122712, Wood 122710). I used some Silver Glimmer Paper (124005) and the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies (127553) to cut out the number 1.

Okie dokie, have a great Monday and enjoy the start to your week. Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! The card turned out so cute!I'm sure the birthday boy will love his cute Mickey Mouse birthday card! ^_^ ~Chan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...