Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You mean so much....

..... to so many people. That's the message on the card that I made for my manager because it is oh so true! Today is a very bitter sweet day because it is my manager's last day with us at work and we are so sad that she is leaving us but we are so happy that she is leaving to start a new adventure.

When I thought about her card, I knew that I wanted to make a card with some sparkle. So, I decided to use the flower from the new Blooming with Kindness stamp set (Clear 126422, Wood 126420) and to add some sparkle, I added some Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter® (102023). This picture does not do it justice. I took so many pictures but for some reason, I could never capture the sparkle the way I wanted to. In some of the pictures, the glitter looks a little clumpy, but in person, it shines! Trust me :)


The color combo is Night of Navy, Primrose Petals and Crumb Cake. To add some texture I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175) and I also used the scallop edge from the Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595).


I also used some of that pretty Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (126844). And since butterflies are kind of a thing at work, I of course had to use the Beautiful Wings Embosslits (118138) to add some butterflies on the front and on the inside of the card.


For the sentiment 'YOU MEAN SO MUCH TO SO MANY PEOPLE', I used the new One in a Million stamp set (Clear 126382, Wood 126380). What's great about this stamp set is that there is a matching sentiment for the inside of the card! But, for this card, I grabbed the Delightful Dozen stamp set (Clear 122652, Wood 122650) because I wanted to use 'thank you so, so much' on the inside of the card. And of course, there are those butterflies again :)


I hope she likes the card that I made for her and I hope she knows we all greatly appreciate everything that she has done for us. I'm trying to tell myself to hold back the tears but I know that won't happen today at work, especially if I can't even hold back the tears as I'm typing this! She is an AMAZING manger and person and she means so much to so many people. She will truly be missed.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...