Tuesday, May 15, 2012

For my Brother

Happy Birthday Brother!!

Good morning everyone. Today is a very special day because it's my brother's birthday :) Growing up, I never really got to clock in a lot of play time hours with my dolls and have tea parties with them since I didn't have a sister. Instead, it was all about G.I Joe, Transformers, He-Man or Teddy Ruxpin (yeah sorry brother, I had to bust that one out hehe), amongst many other toys. Don't get me wrong, I did have Barbie dolls, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, My Child Dolls and Cabbage Patch Kids but I could never get my brother to play with them. Instead, can someone tell me why I was always Cobra or the Decepticons? haha. 

It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do for his birthday card. But then I thought about all those toys that we used to play with (and all the toys that my brother and husband STILL play with) and I decided to bust out my Cricut to create this:


Of course I had to SU this card up a bit so I used the Loved Ones stamp set from the now retired Occasions Mini catalog for the Happy Birthday Brother sentiment. Here's a close-up of the Autobot symbol. I thought it would be fitting since he always got to be the good guys while I got defaulted to playing the bad guys. hehe. Guess that's one of the many roles of the older sister, huh?


OK Brother, I hope you enjoy your special day and don't worry, your SF Giants alternate away jersey is on it's way!

Thanks everyone for stopping by! Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...