Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Extreme Surfboard

Good morning everyone! 

My friend Camille wanted a card with a surfer for her hubby's upcoming birthday (HOPE YOU HAVE  WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY CLINT!!!!). I didn't have any surfer or beach themed stamp sets and thought this was a perfect opportunity to try something new on MDS :) And what's great about MDS is that the opportunities are endless! And what's even better about MDS is that you can try out MDS Express for FREE for 30 days! Click here to find out more information about this great Stampin' Up! Digital designing software trial.

I decided to try and make another hybrid card. I designed this card using MDS and added a few things. This is what I came up with on MDS:


I wanted to add some dimension to the card so I also printed out another sheet of just the surfboards so I could cut them out individually:

And here is the finished card with the surfboards popped up and the surfer is embossed with black embossing powder to give it that shine. My hubby really likes the card and now he's REALLY looking forward to HIS birthday card! Hmmm, no pressure, not at all ;)





Here is a list of what I used to make this card:
My Digital Studio (118108)
Extreme Surfboard Stamp Brush Set - Digital Download (124218)
Boardwalk Stamp Brush Set - Digital Download (129598) 
Digital colors - Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi and Real Red 
Black Stampin’ Emboss® Powder (109133)
Heat Tool (100005)
Powder Pals (102197) 
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)

If you would like to start shopping, please click here. And don't forget to choose me as your Demonstrator!

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...