Thursday, November 1, 2012

Have a Wicked Halloween

Hello! Here is the card that I made for all my friends at work. Our group has grown a bit so I made a little more than last year and even made a little extra just in case. Now, for some reason, it took awhile to narrow down what I wanted to do for this year's Halloween card. It was driving me nuts! Gotta love my husband because he said that I was probably over thinking it and viola, this idea popped in my head! I decided to go with this CAS card :)


I've had the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127821) for awhile now and have been wanting to use it for a project. And it was perfect for this card! I used Early Espresso card stock (118738) for the tree trunk, punched out a hole with the 2-1/2" circle punch (120906) because I wanted it to look like there was some sort of creature or monster hiding in the tree. For the eyes, I used the spiderweb stamp from the Wicked Cool stamp set (Clear 120600, Wood 118738), punched them out with the 1" circle punch (119868) and used Real Red ink (126949) instead of Basic Black ink (126980) then added some fun googly eyes. Very scary, don't you think? ;) hehe. The SPOOKY CREEP CRAWLY sentiment is from the Border Banter stamp set in the Holiday catalog (Clear 128930, Wood 128927).


Now, on the inside of the card, I added another scary little guy. I learned this trick from one of Niki's Halloween classes a couple of years ago. It's so fun to do and I love how it pops out and swings around when you open up the card. I learn a lot in Niki's classes. If you can, you should really stop by and check them out. Classes are so much fun, the ladies are great and Niki is awesome :) Click here to hop on over to her blog and see her class schedule.


On the inside of the card, I used the same stamp set, Wicked Cool, for the 'have a WICKED halloween' sentiment. And for that cute little spider, I used the Googly Ghouls stamp set (Clear 128063, Wood 128060). I wanted to go more cutesy than scary with this card and this stamp set was so fun to play with!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone had a fun Halloween and got lots of good treats and not so many tricks :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...