Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hello and happy Friday everyone! A friend of mine asked me to make her a card for her mom's birthday. As much as I love making cards, I also love when my friends and family ask me to make one for them to give to someone special. It's such a great feeling :) Very humbling that someone would ask you to make a hand made card for a special occasion. Here is the card that I made for her.



It's been awhile since I used the Oval Accent Bigz Clear die (127005) so I decided to use it on this card. To somewhat match the pattern on the Comfort CafĂ© DSP (126898), I used the Square Lattice Folder (119976). And I used the Blossom punch (125603) to make this flower with one of the Antique Brads (117273) holding it all together. I also wanted to use some of those pretty Large Pearl Basic Jewels (125577) so I added several on the card, too.


The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned stamp set (Clear 122892, Wood 122890), which is one of my favorite stamp sets. I just love the font and how pretty it is. And I have to talk about that fower again. Isn't it such a great 3-D look? I love how it pops out like that. And it's another technique that I learned in one of Niki's classes. You should really check out a class one of these days :) Click here to check out her lovely creations.


I hope my friend's mom enjoys her special day!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...