Thursday, November 29, 2012

happy Birthday wishes

Hi! Today I'd like to share a card that my friend requested for her dad's birthday. Guy cards are such a challenge for me sometimes because I have to step outside of my comfort zone. No bling. No frilly ribbon. No flowers. And what?! No butterflies! hehehe. But when my friend asked me to make a card, I was excited! I knew that I wanted to go clean and simple and that I wanted to use the Comfort Cafe DSP (126898) because of the great colors and patterns that are perfect for a masculine card.
After I chose to go with this pattern of DSP, for some reason I was drawn to circles and stripes. So, I took a strip of Soft Suede card stock (115318) and ran it through the Big Shot (113439) with the Stripes folder (123128). Then when I went for the circles, I decided to create a window and then add a border around it. Yeah, there was some punching fun with this card.
After I got the windows and circles and stripes the way I wanted, I stamped 'happy Birthday wishes' from the Petite Pairs stamp set (Clear 122497, Wood 122495) inside the window. Oh and to go along with the circles that I had in my head, I added a few Neutrals Designer Buttons (119743) for fun. It's hard for me to let go of embellishments sometimes but for my friend's dad's card, I used three buttons :)
Okie dokie! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...