Thursday, November 15, 2012

For Niki

Hey everyone! So I've been so behind on giving people their birthday cards and I feel sooooo bad :( I even keep forgetting to drop cards in the mail so that people could get their birthday greetings on time! Shame on me! Tisk-Tisk-Tisk. And it seems like it's been so long since I've been to one of Niki's classes. But today I get to hang out with the stamping gals and I get to give Niki her birthday card in person.... 10 years later!!!! hehehe. Here is the card that I made for her.
Again, I so love the Big Shot! So, of course, I used the Big Shot for several elements of this card. I used the Woodgrain folder (127821) on the base of the card and the Perfect Polka Dots folder (117335) on one of the labels from the Labels Collection Framelits (125598). The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the You’re Amazing stamp set (Clear 126722, Wood126720) and I cut it out using one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003).
I also added some Antique Brads (117273) to the framelit with the sentiment. I even went outside of my comfort zone and tried the whole pleated ribbon technique. I've tried it on other cards, but I guess the more I try it out, the more comfortable I'll get with playing with ribbon.
Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...