Monday, June 25, 2012

For a New Home

Hey everyone! Here's a card that a friend asked me to make for her friend who just moved into a new home. I was excited because when she asked me for a housewarming type card, I thought of this stamp set right away! I've been wanting to use this stamp set for some time now and this was a great time to try it out :)


I used the retired Good Neighbors stamp set for the house. Another reason I've been wanting to use this stamp set is that it is a two-step stampin' stamp set. I also wanted to use a couple of the new 2012-2014 In Colors. So, for the house, I decided on using Gumball Green (126861) and for the rooftop, I used Midnight Muse (126860).


And for the sentiment, I used the 'congratulations' stamp from the Curly Cute stamp set (Clear 120510, Wood 117014). Don't you just love the swirliness of the font? Cute, right?


I also wanted to add some ribbon, so I used some of the retired Pretty in Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I know, I know, can you believe it? I actually used ribbon! Hehe. It's so hard for me to let go and use some ribbon, but for some reason, I wanted to for this card. And of course, I added some of my favorite embellishments - Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246) with the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309).

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...