Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Money Bags

Hello everyone! Here is a different type of project for you guys today. My brother is a music teacher for a Middle School and he asked me to help out with some props that they need for a percussion show that they are putting together. This year, they are going with a cops and robbers type theme.
At first, I thought that this was going to be a huge sewing project but when I asked my brother how big he wanted these money bags to be, he said as big as a pillow case. So, hello! Instead of sewing 10 large bags, I asked if we could just use pillow cases! hehe. So, I created this template to trace on this cork board. Actually, this cork board is one of their place mats, just flipped over ;) Thank goodness my brother and sister-in-law were OK with me drawing a big ol' dollar sign on it!
I can't wait to see these money bags in action! I'll try to make it to one of their shows to take some pictures. If I do, stay tuned for those pics!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! Instead of them, you redesigned your pillow cases to make it look like money bags! By the way, when is that percussion show? I’m kinda curious about the cops and robber type theme. Would you mind posting some pictures of the event?

    -Harriett Faulks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Harriett! Thanks so much for leaving a comment :) I'll ask my brother for some pictures of the show and if he sends me some, I'll definitely post them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...