Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Hey everyone. Today is an extra special day and an oh so very happy one because 5 years ago today, I married my true love, my soul mate, my husband. I am extremely blessed to have Ben by my side on this lovely journey that people call married life. I know, I know, mushy central! hehehe. Can't help it! I so HEART that guy :) And it is true, time does fly when you're having fun because sometimes I can't believe that 5 years has flown by already! And here's to many, many, many, many more Anniversaries to come :D

And here is the anniversary card that I made for Ben. Of course, I went with our wedding colors and theme. Blue, Ivory, Silver and Butterflies :) Can I just say that my husband is amazing because bless him for putting up with my butterfly obsession since we included them in EVERYTHING! hehehe.


I finally got to use the En Français background stamp (109521) and I actually bought it so that I could use it for this year's anniversary card. It's just so pretty and romantic to me. And the angel's wings and heart is from the Affection Collection stamp set (Clear 127949, Wood 127946) from the Holiday Catalog. I punched out a silver heart with the Small Heart punch (17193) and added a Large Pearl Basic Jewel (125577). Oh and behind the small butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (114507) is that pretty scallop burst, which is also from the Affection Collection stamp set.


I also used the larger butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die and I added a glimmery 5 on top of the butterfly. I used the new Typeset Alphabet Bigz die (127553) and used Silver Glimmer paper (124005) to cut out the number.


The 'Happy Anniversary' sentiment is from the Memorable Moments stamp set (Clear 126682, Wood 126680). I also sponged all over the card because well, I like the look of sponging :) I also added another strip of Midnight Muse behind the Very Vanilla and used the Scallop Edge Border punch (119882) to add a little border.
 

And of course, I had to add something on the inside of the card, too. Yup, went all out for this guy ;) Glimmer paper, background stamp, big shot action, punches, a large pearl, butterflies and sponging! Oh and did you notice that the angel's wings with the heart was actually cut out with scissors? Yes, I used scissors to cut something out!! Now that's love ;) And you know, to me, Ben is the World's Greatest husband :) Which is why I bought the World’s Greatest stamp (126270) just for this card. The 'HUSBAND' sentiment is from the Family Reunion stamp set (Clear 122712, Wood 122710).


Phew, that was a little novel wasn't it? haha. I guess I had a lot to say for this very special occasion :)

And this is what I have to say to my lovely husband..... I LOVE YOU, happy FIVE YEAR anniversary and THANK YOU for filling my heart and my life with so much happiness XOXOXOXOXO

Have a great day everyone, enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful card!!!! & Happy Anniversary! ^_^
    Xoxo ~Chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You guys are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...