Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday card

Hey everyone! Here is another card that I made for one of my husband's friends at work. His birthday is actually on July 4th, which is a pretty cool birthday :) 
Last year, I went with the whole red, white and blue theme, but this year, I decided to go with more neutral colors. To add some texture, I embossed each strip with the Houndstooth embossing folder (123134). Then, I sponged each piece before adding them to the card. I also stamped the happy birthday sentiment on a banner.
Even though I didn't go with a 4th of July look and feel, I did go with adding quite a few stars on his birthday card. I wanted to still kind of have the stars and stripes sort of feel to the card. Hopefully he likes it!
Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day :)

NOTE: I am not a Stampin' Up! Representative and this was created for personal purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...